DELHI:EROS TIMES: Heralding a new era in governance in Delhi, Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal on Monday morning launched a mega administrative reform by providing delivery of 40 government services at the doorstep of Delhi residents.
The mega-launch by the Chief Minister in presence of cabinet ministers and all senior officers of the Delhi government was telecast live at 58 government locations and two-way video conferencing was done at eight government locations with people present at various offices to get their certificates made.
Addressing the gathering at 58 locations across Delhi, the Chief Minister said :“I greet the people of Delhi on this historic day when the government machinery is undergoing a revolutionary change.
This day is not historic merely for Delhi, I feel we are doing a unique experiment which will be followed at the international level.
Till now we had heard about the home delivery of pizza, from today people of Delhi will have the government at their doorsteps through a phonecall.”
The Chief Minister said “today we are making a beginning with 40 services and the Delhi government will add 30 more soon and the number of services which Delhi government will ultimately provide 100 services on the doorstep of citizens within next three months.”
On the occasion a presentation was made on how the doorstep delivery of services will work.
· Applicants will first call on the number 1076
· The call centre will inform the applicant about the services available
· Applicant will be told about the documents required for a particular certificate to be made
· Applicant can fix an appointment anytime between 8 AM to 10 PM
· A mobile sahayak will visit the applicant’s home on the time fixed for appointment
· Mobile sahayaks will be police verified and will not have any details of the applicant other than the postal address
· Mobile sahayak will scan the concerned documents in presence of the applicant and will provide an e-receipt of fees paid for the service (Rs 50)
· Once the application is complete it will be electronically transferred to the concerned government office
· At every stage the applicant will get an SMS – from the time the request was generated to the delivery of the certificate.
· Delivery of the certificate will be ensured within the stipulated time-frame either by post or by the mobile sahayak
· Every movement of the mobile sahayak will be tracked by the back-end control room
· After the successful delivery of the certificate, the applicant will get a feedback call to share his/her experience
Speaking on the occasion, Administrative Reforms Minister Kailash Gahlot appreciated the efforts of the Administrative Reforms Department and lauded the team for working day and night to implement the scheme.
Gahlot said the department overcame numerous hurdles in its way, since this was a new concept and required innovation and many unique experiments for its success.
The service provider company VFS Global representatives thanked the Delhi government for giving them an opportunity to work for this ambitious project and assured the government that their work will bring laurels for all.