DELHI:EROS TIMES: In its endeavor to promote pollution-free public transport in the national capital, the Delhi government on Friday launched a trial run of a low floor AC fully electric bus. It was flagged-off by the Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot and the Commissioner of Transport Varsha Joshi, in presence of senior of the Department of Transport.
The bus manufactured by PMI Electron Mobility Solution Pvt Ltd in collaboration with Futon, China, has a capacity of 33 seats, safety features such as four CCTV cameras with panic button, and a DC fast charging facility capable of fully charging the bus within 30 minutes.
The trail run is part of the detailed technical feasibility assessment study on electric buses being carried out by the Project Consultant appointed by the Delhi government in July this year, the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) Ltd.
As part of the study, DIMTS has so far conducted meetings with several global manufacturers of electric buses and has studied models of operation of electric buses in major cities around the world.
In October, a team of senior officials from the Transport Department and DIMTS also visited Beijing and Shenzhen in China to study how cities have successfully deployed electric buses at a large scale.
“The present trial run will be instrumental in understanding how modern low-floor pure electric buses adapt to the road conditions of Delhi, how efficient their batteries are and how quickly can they be deployed at scale in Delhi,” said the Transport Minister, Kailash Gahlot, when flagging off the trial run of the bus from Delhi Secretariat.
“We expect a few other manufacturers to provide their latest electric bus models trial run as well in the coming days”, said Mr Gahlot.
Following is a summary of the technical features of this electric bus:
1. PMI-Futon electric AC bus (33 seater) is fitted with a DC Fast Charging 124 KWH battery which gets charged to full capacity in 30 Minutes.
2. Its energy consumption amounts to around 1.2 KWH/KM, estimated at Rs.7.0/KM approx. (DERC notified rates for Electric bus category Rs. 5.50 per unit in Delhi).
3. Driving range of 220 + kilometers per day with one re-charge.
4. ITS enabled with CCTV Cameras (4 Nos) with Panic Button
As a part of this project, the Transport Department has already started the construction of electric bus depots in Delhi. The construction is expected to be completed on or before June 2019 and the first batch of electric buses are expected to be deployed and fully operational by July 2019.
The bus will be deployed on multiple routes to test its operational feasibility on different road conditions. To start with, the bus will be deployed at the following routes:-
Details of Route and Time table of Pure Electric Buses
1) Route no. : 522
2) Origin- Destination : Ambedkar Nagar to Inderpuri (KrishiKunj)
3) Route Via : Ambedkar Nagar Terminal, Sheikh Sarai-II, Siri Fort, Moolchand Hospital, Defence Colony, Lodhi Colony, Prithviraj Road Crossing, National Museum, Shivaji Stadium, P.S.Mandir Marg, Pusa Road Petrol Pump, Rajendra Place/ Telephone Exchange, R-Block New Rajinder Nagar, Todapur Village, Inderpuri, Inderpuri (KrishiKunj)
4) Timetable of Route 522
|Ambedkar Nagar||Inderpuri (KrishiKunj)|