DELHI:EROS TIMES: After persistent follow-up and regular persuasion of the Chief Minister, Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, the Iconic Signature Bridge on Yamuna at Wazirabad is now ready to Commission.Kejriwal will inaugurate the state of art Signature Bridge which will be thrown open for the people on 4th November 2018 in the Capital.
This was stated by Deputy Chief Minister, Govt. of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, while he was conducting the final inspection of the Signature Bridge.
Sisodia was accompanied by Minister of SC-ST Welfare, Rajendra Pal Gautam, Senior Leader, Dilip Pandey, MLAs, Chaudhary Fateh Singh, Sanjeev Jha, Dutt Sharma, Haji Mohd.
Israq Khan, Pankaj Puskar, General Manager, DTTDC, Arvind, Chief Engineer, Shishir Bansal and other senior Officers of concerned Departments.
Inspecting the bridge, Sisodia said that The “Signature Bridge” as the new landmark of New Delhi, will connect the city Wazirabad across the river Yamuna to the inner city.
The Western and Eastern approaches to Bridge will connect the nearby areas like Timarpur, Nehru Vihar, Wazirabad, Aruna Nagar, Mukherjee Nagar on Ring Road to Bhajanpura on Mangal Pandey Marg.
The distance between two sides of brodge will be reduced from 45 minutes to just 10 minutes saving the pollution to Environment, Travel time and Fuel.
The approaches on Eastern side (1.8 Km Long) and western side (1.5 km long Flyover on Outer Ring Road)of the bridge as well as a dedicated cycle track have been completed long back and have already been opened to traffic in phases. Thus the components of overall project that are independent of bridge are already in use by the public. The Main Bridge (Cable Stayed) over river Yamuna is also completed now to take the traffic and will be dedicated to public immediately after its inauguration.
The boomerang shaped pylon consists of 2 inclined columns, which are rigidly connected to the driving lanes and bend mid-way.
The upper portion of the pylon anchors the back stay cables as well as the main-span cables, arranged in a harp like manner. The top of the pylon is created by a 22 m high steel-glass structure, which will provide a panoramic view of Delhi.
The other Salient Features of the iconic Signature Bridge are:
-Length & Width: 575m long unsymmetrical cable stayed bridge with main span 251 m long with dual carriageway of 14m each (4+4 Lanes) with central verge and maintenance walkways etc.
– Pylon: Bow shaped Steel Pylon of 154 m. high(more than double the height of Qutub Minar) with Cable Stays on one side and Back Stays on the other side.
– Bridge Deck: Composite deck made of Steel Plate Girders and Precast / Cast-in Situ RCC.
– Foundation: Well foundations socketed in rock and open foundations.
– High speed lifts in pylon legs.
– Bridge health Monitoring system for assessing long-term health of bridge and taking corrective measures as and when required.
– Street Lighting / High Mast lighting in approaches and main bridge.
– Horticulture and landscaping works as an addition to beautify the environment.